Garage Door Terms & Conditions
1. This document is intended to contain all the terms upon which the Purchaser agrees to purchase the products described herein from the Company. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company will only have a Contract with the Purchaser once the Purchaser has placed their order via the Anglian Shop.
1.1. These are the terms and conditions on which the Company supply products to the Purchaser, whether these are goods or services. Please read these terms carefully before submitting the Purchase order. These terms advise the Purchaser who the Company are, how the Company will provide products to the Purchaser, how the Purchaser and the Company may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. Anglian Home Improvements is a trading name of Anglian Windows Limited. Registered office: Liberator Road Norwich NR6 6EU. Registered in England No. 2540020.
2.1. The Purchaser can contact by telephoning our Customer Services Department - Monday to Friday from 9.00am-5.30pm on 0800 988 9398 or by emailing email@example.com
3. When the Purchaser selects ‘Pay Now’ having chosen the products, the Company will deem acceptance of the Purchase order as being the point in which a Contract will come into existence between the Purchaser and the Company.
3.1. If the Company are unable to accept the Purchase order, the Company will inform the Purchaser of this by email. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which the Company could not reasonably plan for or because the Company have identified an error in the price or description of the product. A refund will be arranged no later than 14 days of receipt of the Purchase order.
3.2. The Company will assign an order number to the Purchase order and tell the Purchaser what it is when the Company accept the Purchase order. Please provide the order number whenever the Purchaser contacts the Company.
3.3. The Company website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, the Company do not accept orders from OR deliver to addresses outside the UK.
4. Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on the Company website are for illustrative purposes only. Although the Company have made every effort to display the colours accurately, the Company cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. The Purchasers product may vary slightly from those images. The Company reserves the right to make minor non aesthetic alterations to the specification of the products described.
4.1. The Company may change the product in relation to minor changes to the product to reflect amendments in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These changes will not affect the Purchaser use of the product.
4.2. The product may be subject to changes in the description on the Company website. The Company may make changes to these terms or the product, but if the Company does so, the Purchaser will be notified accordingly.
4.3. Thermal movement will occur with all our products and is normal, as the products will revert back to within its natural flat place tolerance as long as the care and maintenance instructions are observed.
Providing the products
5. The Purchaser shall grant the Company’s Representatives unrestricted access to the premises at all reasonable times for the purposes of taking measurements, of carrying out the works forming the subject of the Contract and for any subsequent remedial work if required. In some cases, the Company may need to site skips, ladders, or vehicles on the premises in order to complete its contractual obligations. The Purchaser agrees at no cost to the Company to provide such electricity, gas, water or other services to enable the Company to complete the installation and if necessary, any remedial works. In the event of access being required to neighbouring land it is the Purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that access is granted, and the Company shall not be held liable for any delays arising out of the Purchaser’s inability to gain such access.
5.1. As soon as practicable and in any event within 14 days of the date of this Agreement the Company will arrange an appointment for detailed measurements of the proposed works to be taken by a Representative of the Company (“the Survey”) so that the Company may satisfy itself of:
a. the technical viability of the works
b. compliance with current laws and regulations
c. the applicability to the contract of The Party Walls Act
d. the appropriateness of the price specified
The Survey will be carried out at the earliest opportunity and will usually be within 21 days after the date of this Agreement. The Purchaser agrees by signing this contract that should the Company’s surveyor be unable to confirm that asbestos is not present in the vicinity of the proposed installation, he may remove a sample for analysis. Where sample is taken, the Company’s obligation to make good is limited to sealing any area that has been disturbed in such manner as the Company may reasonably deem appropriate. The time limits provided in this clause are subject to access being provided by the Purchaser in accordance with clause 5 of the Agreement
5.2. The Company agrees to supply the products at the price specified in the Agreement subject to the Surveyor’s approval of the feasibility of the works, the site conditions and correctness of the price. As a result of the findings of the survey, the Company may need to carry out additional enquiries and further site investigations to determine the viability of the contract. In those circumstances, the Company shall send written notification to the Purchaser within 14 days of survey advising that the Contract is suspended for a period of 28 days from the date of that letter (“the Suspension Period”). In the event of any modification to the works being required due to the Survey, within the Suspension Period the Company shall either cancel the Contract or send written notification to the Purchaser of any modification required to the works and the price. In the event of any modification to the price being required due to the Survey that does not require additional enquiries as set out above, within 14 days of the survey the Company shall either cancel the Contract or send the Purchaser a written notice explaining the reason for any modification required to the price. For example, the reason may be due to additional building work such as new lintels, legal requirements or the discovery of asbestos related materials within the vicinity which were not identified at the time purchase. If the Purchaser does not accept any proposed modifications within 14 days of their notification, the contract shall be cancelled. In circumstances when the Contract is cancelled, the administration charge of £190.00 shall be applied.
5.3. The Company is supplying “made to measure goods” under the contract and so the Purchaser does not have a statutory right to cancel the contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. As members of the GGF, we adhere to their Code of Good Practice and offer a contractual right to cancel the contract in accordance with the Notice of Cancellation Rights set out below. The Company reserves the right to cancel the contract for any reason within 7 days of this contract being signed.
5.4. The Company will tell the Purchaser during the order process when and how the Purchaser can end the contract.
5.5. The Company will install the products to the Purchaser as soon as reasonably practicable and following completion of the survey and manufacture of the product.
5.6. Unless otherwise agreed in writing the Company will not undertake the re-siting of any gas, electrical, wiring or plumbing or telephone installations or the removal of asbestos.
It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to ensure that all areas of work and access to those areas are completely clear and unobstructed to allow unhindered commencement and progress of the works. Suitable arrangements should be made by the Purchaser for any such works to be carried out prior to commencement of the works required under this Contract, failing which the Company may refuse to start the installation and shall be entitled to charge the Purchaser for the wasted costs that it has incurred and any loss of profit that it has suffered. Alternatively, the Company may agree a price with the Purchaser to carry out the required works as an addition
5.7. The Company will use reasonable endeavours to honour any date provided in connection with the delivery of the Contract, but cannot be held liable for any losses suffered as a result of any delay that has resulted from factors that could not have been foreseen by the Company and are outside the reasonable control of the Company. Such factors include (but are not limited to) adverse weather or traffic conditions, mechanical breakdown, previous contracts over-running, disease or Law.
a. If the Company is unable to meet a date for installation or remedial works, it shall give the Purchaser as much notice as possible and arrange an alternative convenient date.
b. The Company shall have the right to suspend performance of the Contract in the event of any unforeseen circumstance until such time as is reasonably practicable to do so.
c. The Company shall not be in breach of this agreement nor liable for any delay in performance or failure to perform, any of its obligations under this agreement if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control. In such circumstances the time for performance shall be extended to allow performance of the Contract.
If the Purchaser is unable to meet the installation date, then it is the Purchasers responsibility to inform the Company in writing and agree an alternative installation date. The Company will then agree to store the manufactured products free of charge up to a maximum of six weeks. Thereafter the Purchaser agrees to pay the Company for the following additional storage until installation is commenced:
a. Garage Doors: £25 per door per week.
5.8. The Company will make good any damage caused during installation to plaster, floors, rendering or brick work immediately surrounding any window or door installed. The Company does not undertake to provide matching ceramic or other tiles or specialised finishes such as Tyrolean or pebbledash, or to remove intact any panes of glass or frames from old windows required to be retained by the Purchaser. The Company does not undertake to avoid damage to surrounding wallpaper, paintwork or other decorations which is reasonably commensurate with the fitting of the products in the usual way. The Company accepts no responsibility for any damage resulting from structural or other defects in the property at which the installation is carried out but any complaint or claim by the Purchaser for damage done by the Company must be made in writing to the Company.
6. The Company’s formal written Guarantee will be sent to the Purchaser upon completion of the installation.
6.1. The Company takes no responsibility for damage caused or installation work performed by the Purchaser or a third party.
6.2. The Company undertakes to repair or replace free of charge any product manufactured or supplied by the Company which prove defective as a result of faulty materials or workmanship from the date of purchase during the guarantee period.
6.3. Any claim under the Guarantee should be notified to the Company as soon as possible.
6.4. The Company provides the following guarantee periods subject to the following limitations.
i. 5 years –
a. Garage doors
b. Specialist items such as electrical motors which carry the relevant manufacturer's guarantee.
ii. 2 years –
a. mastic sealants
iii. 1 year –
a. all repair work to brickwork or plastering and any plumbing or electrical work carried out by the Company.
6.5. The Company accepts no liability in respect of the following:
a. Minor defects to plaster work or brick work due to settlement.
b. Discolouration or frost damage to brick work.
c. Damage or deterioration to the product arising out of normal wear and tear in the home, pollution and the effect of sea or salt water.
d. The fading or discoloration over time of wooden products due to natural causes.
e. Any variation in the colour or shade of any glass supplied under this guarantee, where that variation is due to the fact that the glass manufacturers no longer manufacture the glass in question.
f. Staining caused by any substance whatsoever.
g. Installations which are not located on the UK mainland (except the Isle of Wight).
h. Our inability to provide products, parts or furniture that match those supplied where the items in question have become obsolete, in which case the Company shall provide an alternative of at least equivalent quality.
i. Any business losses that the Purchaser suffers in relation to the use of the property at which the installation has been, or is due to be, carried out. For the avoidance of any doubt, “business losses” include (but are not limited to) losses such as loss of rental income, professional fee income, loss of bookings and loss of profits. If the Purchaser is operating any form of business at or from the installation address, the Company recommends that the Purchaser takes out his own insurance to cover such losses.
j. Where the product or installation has been modified by the Purchaser or a third party in any way.
k. Paintwork on wood or steel, if wooden or steel frames have been installed in conjunction with our garage doors.
l. Damage or discolouration caused by contact with any form of caustic, abrasive or corrosive substance, fumes, bird droppings, fire, smoke, salts, acids or from normal atmospheric pollution.
m. Batteries, fuses and light bulbs.
n. Damage due to: purchaser/ animals/ insects/ rodents/ others/ accident/ storm/ flood / neglect/ misuse/ faults or premature deterioration, which result from the purchaser’s failure to comply with any maintenance instructions.
o. Works undertaken by a third party who have not been approved by The Company.
6.6. The Purchaser’s attention is drawn to the instructions found in the ‘Operating Guide Cleaning and Maintenance instructions’ on the purchased product.
Ending the contract
7. If the Purchaser changes their mind about the product, they may cancel the contract and obtain a refund within the cooling-off period. The Purchaser has 7 days from entering into the contract in which to cancel the contract.
7.1 If the Purchaser cancels the contract otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions, the Company reserves the right to charge the following, which represent the losses and expenses incurred by the Company prior to cancellation:
a. The sum of £190.00 where the Purchaser cancels prior to the commencement of the survey.
b. 30% of the total contract price where the Purchaser cancels after commencement of the survey but prior to commencement of manufacture.
c. 80% of the total contract price where the Purchaser cancels after commencement of manufacture but prior to commencement of the installation.
8. To end the contract the Purchaser is required to email as follows:
8.1. Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide the Purchaser name, home address, Purchase order reference, details of the order and where available, the Purchaser phone number and email address.
9. The Company will make any refunds due to the Purchaser as soon as possible but no later than 14 days.
Problems with the product
If the Purchaser has any questions or complaints about the product, please contact our Customer Services Department on 0800 988 9398 or by emailing email@example.com
Summary of the Purchaser key legal rights
Products purchased under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of the product the Purchasers legal rights entitle the Purchaser to the following:
a) Up to 30 days: if the goods are faulty, the Purchaser may be entitled to a refund.
b) Up to six months: if the goods can't be repaired or replaced, then the Purchaser may be entitled to a full refund in certain circumstances.
Price and payment
10. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when the Purchaser places the Purchase order. The Company uses our best efforts to ensure that the price of the product advised to the Purchaser is correct. Please see clause 10.2 for what happens if the Company discover an error in the price of the product the Purchaser order.
10.1. If the rate of VAT changes, the Company will adjust the rate of VAT that the Purchaser pays, unless the Purchaser has already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
10.2. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products the Company sell may be incorrectly priced. The Company will normally check prices before accepting the Purchase order so that, where the product's correct price at the Purchase order date is less than our stated price at the Purchase order date, the Company will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at the Purchase order date is higher than the price stated to the Purchaser, the Company will contact the Purchaser for instructions before the Company accept the Purchase order. If the Company accept and process the Purchase order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by the Purchaser as a mispricing, the Company may end the contract, refund the Purchaser any sums the Purchaser has paid and require the return of any goods provided to the Purchaser.
10.3. The Company accept payment by way of Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Shop Pay.
10.4. The Purchaser will be charged for the products at the point of submitting the order at the checkout.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by the Purchaser
11. If the Company fail to comply with these terms, the Company are responsible for loss or damage the Purchaser suffers that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill but the Company are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both the Company and the Purchaser knew it might happen.
11.1. The Company do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to the Purchaser where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of the Purchasers legal rights in relation to the products including the right to receive products which are as described and match information the Company provided of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
11.2. The Company are not liable for business losses. If the Purchaser uses the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose the Company will have no liability to the Purchaser for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
How the Company may use the Purchasers personal information
13. Complaints are dealt with initially by contacting our Customer Services Department with your details and a description of your problem. They can be contacted Monday to Friday from 9.00am- 5.30pm on 0800 988 9398 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative dispute resolution
14. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to enter into ADR. In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.
15. A copy of the Contractual Purchase order is provided to the Purchaser upon completion of the order. A link to the terms and conditions is available on the Company website.