Furniture & Cleaning Accessories Terms & Conditions
1. This document is intended to contain all the terms upon which the Purchaser agrees to purchase the products described herein from the Company. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company will only have a Contract with the Purchaser once the Purchaser has placed their order via the Anglian Shop.
1.1. These are the terms and conditions on which the Company supply products to the Purchaser, whether these are goods or services. Please read these terms carefully before submitting the Purchase order. These terms advise the Purchaser who the Company are, how the Company will provide products to the Purchaser, how the Purchaser and the Company may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
2. Anglian Home Improvements is a trading name of Anglian Windows Limited. Registered office: Liberator Road Norwich NR6 6EU. Registered in England No. 2540020.
2.1. The Purchaser can contact by telephoning our Customer Services Department -Monday to Friday from 9.00am-5.30pm on 0800 988 9398 or by emailing email@example.com
3. When the Purchaser selects ‘Pay Now’ having chosen the products, the Company will deem acceptance of the Purchase order as being the point in which a Contract will come into existence between the Purchaser and the Company.
3.1. If the Company are unable to accept the Purchase order, the Company will inform the Purchaser of this by email. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which the Company could not reasonably plan for or because the Company have identified an error in the price or description of the product. A refund will be arranged no later than 14 days of receipt of the Purchase order.
3.2. The Company will assign an order number to the Purchase order and tell the Purchaser what it is when the Company accept the Purchase order. Please provide the order number whenever the Purchaser contacts the Company.
3.3. The Company website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, the Company do not accept orders from OR deliver to addresses outside the UK.
4. Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on the Company website are for illustrative purposes only. Although the Company have made every effort to display the colours accurately, the Company cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. The Purchasers product may vary slightly from those images. The Company reserves the right to make minor non aesthetic alterations to the specification of the products described.
4.1. The Company may change the product in relation to minor changes to the product to reflect amendments in relevant laws and regulatory requirements or to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These changes will not affect the Purchaser use of the product.
4.2. The product may be subject to changes in the description on the Company website. The Company may make changes to these terms or the product, but if the Company does so, the Purchaser will be notified accordingly.
Providing the products
5. The costs of delivery are as set out on the Company website.
5.1. During the order process the Purchaser will be advised when the products will be provided to the Purchaser. The Company will also tell the Purchaser during the order process when and how the Purchaser can end the contract.
5.2. The Company will deliver the products to the Purchaser as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event no later than 14 days after the day on which the Company accept the Purchaser order.
5.3. If supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control such as mechanical breakdown, disease or law, then the Company will contact the Purchaser as soon as possible to let the Purchaser know and the Company will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided the Company do this, the Company will not be held liable for delays caused by the event.
5.4. Postage is arranged via Royal Mail. If the Purchaser does not take delivery and the products cannot be posted through the Purchasers letterbox, the Purchaser will receive a note via the delivery service, informing them of how to rearrange delivery.
5.5. If the Purchaser does not re-arrange delivery or collect the products via the designated delivery service, as arranged or, if after a failed delivery, the Purchaser does not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot, the Company will contact the Purchaser for further instructions and may charge storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite all reasonable efforts, the Company are unable to contact the Purchaser or re-arrange delivery or collection the Company may end the contract.
5.6. Upon receipt of the goods, they are the purchaser’s responsibility from the time the Company deliver the product to the address provided.
5.7. Upon payment in full, the product becomes owned by the Purchaser.
5.8. The Company may have to suspend the supply of a product:
5.8.1. To deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
5.8.2. To update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
5.8.3. To make changes to the product as requested by the Purchaser or notified by us to the Purchaser
6. If the product is faulty please contact the Company as you may have a legal right for the product to be repaired or replaced.
6.1. The period the product will be covered by the Guarantee is 12 months.
6.2. The Company takes no responsibility for damage caused or installation work performed by the Purchaser or a third party.
6.3. The Company undertakes to repair or replace free of charge any product manufactured or supplied by the Company which prove defective as a result of faulty materials or workmanship from the date of purchase during the above guarantee period.
6.4. Any claim under the Guarantee should be notified to the Company as soon as possible.
6.4.1. The Company accepts no liability in respect of the following: Damage due to: purchaser/ animals/ insects/ rodents/ others/ accident/ storm/ flood / neglect/ misuse/ faults or premature deterioration, which result from the purchaser’s failure to comply with any maintenance instructions.
6.4.2. Damage or deterioration to the product arising out of normal wear and tear in the home, pollution and the effect of sea or saltwater.
6.4.3. Staining caused by any substance whatsoever.
6.4.4. Our inability to provide products, parts or furniture that match those supplied where the items in question have become obsolete, in which case the Company shall provide an alternative of at least equivalent quality.
6.4.5. Damage or discolouration caused by contact with any form of caustic, abrasive or corrosive substance, fumes, bird droppings, fire, smoke, salts, acids or from normal atmospheric pollution.
6.5. The Purchaser’s attention is drawn to the instructions found in the ‘Operating Guide Cleaning and Maintenance instructions’ on the purchased product.
Right to end the contract
7. The Purchaser has a right to cancel the contract in the following circumstances:
7.1. If the Purchaser changes their mind about the product, they may be able to cancel the contract and obtain a refund within the cooling-off period. The Purchaser has 14 from receipt of the goods in which to cancel the contract. This may be subject to deductions and the Purchaser will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
7.2. The Purchaser may end a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below and the Company will refund the Purchaser in full for any products which have not been provided. The reasons are:
a. Change in product specification
b. Error in the price or description of the product
c. Delay in supply of product because of events outside of our control
d. Suspended supply of the products for technical reasons
e. Legal right to end the contract because of something the Company has done wrong
Where there is no automatic right to cancel
8. A Purchaser does not have a right to cancel in respect of any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery. Should a Purchaser return items in such a manner they will be charged accordingly.
8.1. The Purchaser has 14 days after receipt of delivery of the goods and the Purchaser can still end the contract before it is completed, however the Purchaser may have to pay the Company compensation. The contract will end immediately, and the Company will refund any sums paid by the Purchaser but may deduct from that refund reasonable compensation for the net costs the Company will incur as a result of the Purchaser ending the contract.
9. To end the contract the Purchaser is required to email as follows:
9.1. Customer.firstname.lastname@example.org Please provide the Purchaser name, home address, Purchase order reference, details of the order and where available, the Purchaser phone number and email address.
Returning products after ending the contract
10. If the Purchaser ends the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to the Purchaser or the Purchaser has received them, they must return them to us. The Purchaser must post them back to Customer Services Department Liberator Road Norwich NR6 6EU. The products must be returned in the same condition as received. Any damage caused to the products after dispatch, will be charged to the Purchaser. If the Purchaser is exercising their right to change their mind, they must return the goods within 14 days of telling us of their wish to end the contract.
11. The Company will make any refunds due to the Purchaser as soon as possible but no later than 14 days.
11.1. The Company will refund the Purchaser within 14 days from the day on which the Company receive the product back from the Purchaser or, if earlier, the day on which the Purchaser provide us with evidence that they have sent the product back to us.
Our rights to end the contract
12. The Company may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to the Purchaser if the Purchaser does not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to the Purchaser or collect them from the designated delivery service.
Problems with the product
If the Purchaser has any questions or complaints about the product, please contact our Customer Services Department on 0800 988 9398 or by emailing email@example.com
Summary of the Purchaser key legal rights
Products purchased under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of the product the Purchasers legal rights entitle the Purchaser to the following:
a) Up to 30 days: if the goods are faulty, then the Purchaser can get an immediate refund.
b) Up to six months: if the goods can't be repaired or replaced, then the Purchaser is entitled to a full refund, in some instances.
The Purchaser obligation to return rejected products
13. If the Purchaser wishes to exercise their legal rights to reject products, they must return them to us and pay for the postage in doing so. The products must be returned in the original packaging and undamaged.
Price and payment
14. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when the Purchaser places the Purchase order. The Company use our best efforts to ensure that the price of the product advised to the Purchaser is correct. Please see clause 14.2 for what happens if the Company discover an error in the price of the product the Purchaser order.
14.1. If the rate of VAT changes, the Company will adjust the rate of VAT that the Purchaser pays, unless the Purchaser has already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
14.2. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products the Company sell may be incorrectly priced. The Company will normally check prices before accepting the Purchase order so that, where the product's correct price at the Purchase order date is less than our stated price at the Purchase order date, the Company will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at the Purchase order date is higher than the price stated to the Purchaser, the Company will contact the Purchaser for instructions before the Company accept the Purchase order. If the Company accept and process the Purchase order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by the Purchaser as a mispricing, the Company may end the contract, refund the Purchaser any sums the Purchaser has paid and require the return of any goods provided to the Purchaser.
14.3. The Company accept payment by way of Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, American Express, Google Pay, Apple Pay and Shop Pay.
14.4. The Purchaser will be charged for the products at the point of submitting the order at the checkout.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by the Purchaser
15. If the Company fail to comply with these terms, the Company are responsible for loss or damage the Purchaser suffers that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill but the Company are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both the Company and the Purchaser knew it might happen.
15.1. The Company do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to the Purchaser where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of the Purchasers legal rights in relation to the products including the right to receive products which are as described and match information the Company provided of satisfactory quality; fit for any particular purpose and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
15.2. The Company are not liable for business losses. If the Purchaser uses the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose the Company will have no liability to the Purchaser for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
15.3. If the Purchaser receives a damaged product, they should advise the Company upon receipt and thereafter return the product no later than 14 days.
How the Company may use the Purchasers personal information
17. Complaints are dealt with initially by contacting our Customer Services Department with your details and a description of your problem. They can be contacted Monday to Friday from 9.00am- 5.30pm on 0800 988 9398 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative dispute resolution
18. We support the GGF Code of Good Practice as promoted by the Glass and Glazing Federation (GGF) and undertake to work within the guidelines of this and any other GGF Code of Practice. A copy of the code is available at our Head Office. In the event that a dispute arises, the GGF offers a conciliation service. Should they not be able to resolve the matter we are registered with TGAS (The Glazing Arbitration Scheme) an independent ADR (alternative dispute resolution) scheme, details of which can be obtained from the GGF.
19. A copy of the Contractual Purchase order is provided to the Purchaser upon completion of the order. A link to the terms and conditions is available on the Company website.